Thursday, May 31, 2012

April and May, finally

I haven't been on this site since I posted my last two pieces, Feb and March. I went to look at that entry to see if there were any comments. All of you who wrote have touched my heart with your good wishes and healing energy. Thank you. I am tolerating the chemo very well and had a great report from my Scan, "a significant response," and have had two more treatments since. My last is a week from Monday, and then another trip to Boston for Scans and the doctor's appt.

I haven't been doing a lot of beading, however, I finally finished my May BJP piece two days ago. I had finished my April one a couple of weeks ago but, obviously, never got to post it. So, here they are.

I have been most blessed and am very grateful to have been able to travel to LA for our first grandson's birth, at the beginning of April. Ethan Alexander Rochlin was born April 6th and we were there.


I've shown the airplane flying through the sky and clouds over the mountains. The charm on the left is of a dragon, as this is the year of the Dragon; the other two charms say "Family" and "#1 Grandma" and are self explanatory. I used pearls, hessonite, dyed purple stones, andalusite, peridot, and hearts of rose quartz, jasper, and Mother of Pearl. It was so special being there and it was last minute, as we had a window of time before my next treatment, and if Grace hadn't delivered naturally, she was going to be induced the day before we had to travel home. As it turned out, he was born on Friday, so we had two day in which to be with him. A miracle all around.

May is always about flowers for me.


I used a real flower under acrylic and a couple of charms, one of three flowers and one of bamboo. The rest are pearls, glass beads, flowers, and leaves, and sequins. I love the variety of flowers and leaves which are available to we beaders. Variety is the spice of life!

So, I'm now caught up with my monthly projects and have to figure out what I'll be creating for June.

Here's a picture of Ethan and me on the day he was born and then Ethan at a few weeks old. He's eight weeks old tomorrow.



Isn't he beautiful?