Friday, June 29, 2012

Double Inifinity JUNE SARDIUS slice

Believe it or not, this piece has been done since June 2nd, and I'm just now getting around to posting it - sorry! When you have kids, summer is no vacation; I always say my vacation is when they are in school :) This month my inspiration came from the 6th foundation stone of the New Jeresulem as found in the Book of Revelations. SARDIUS, which is a ruby red color, represents the humility of the saints in spite of their virtures. Again, you will find the pearl at the point representing the gate and the tatting along the edge because I need to use some of my stuff! The swarovski locrosen can be seen in the piece as well (more destashing!). The first stone I found to use in my stash was the rectangle in the center of the piece, and that kind of drove the whole red and gold theme. It stitched up really quick and I'm quite pleased. I took the first 6 pieces to the Houston Bead Society meeting this month (which I just joined) and they were well received. I even had one woman ask me how i made them and she didn't seem to grasp the idea of free form bead embroidery, or else I was misunderstanding her question! Take alook at the first half of the year below. July is just days away and I've got to start thinking...