Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Double Infinity's October piece in Chrysoprase

When I started this project, I looked over the 'inspiration stone/colors' I would be using as found in the Book of Revelations. As you may recall, I am using the 12 stones of the New Jeruselem. The book lists these stones as decorating the foundations of the walls of the city. For October, the stone is CHRYSOPRASE and I had no idea what color it was. So I searched online and found a sample at A Grain of Sand (what a neat store that is!). It was a little pricey for me, but I went ahead and purchased the strand of rice shaped chrysoprase beads. That means for 9 long months I knew what my focal beads were going to be in October. THey are quite large and I toyed with lining them up both horizontally and vertically, when it hit me to mkae them into 5 pointed stars. THey look kind of like flowers, so that is the direction the piece took. Again there is the tatted edge and the pearl "gate", as well as the sparkly vintage swarovski lochrosen in the piece; items repeated each month. I have not encrusted a piece this year, and really didn't want to do one, but this piece is about half done. I really love the way the empty spaces play off the clusters of yellow. This month's stone "demonstrates the work of the blessed martyrs and their rewards". I think a bouquet of flowers worked out just perfect for this month! The stones for November and December are two of my favorites, so I can't wait to see how they evolve. Thanks for looking...