Thursday, April 5, 2012

April's done - Double Infinity's pie slice in EMERALD

The next Foundation stone of the New Jerusalem, as mentioned in the Book of Revelations, is EMERALD. The meaning expressed in this stone is "the strength of faith in adversity". Once again it is so fitting since I had to have workmen come out 10 times for a simple one-day job. Of course, I could just be making these stones 'fit' into my life, but I do feel I was drawn to use them as my color 'inspiration'. I was really excited about this month. IN my mind, emerald and city simply go together - doesn't everyone just love the Wizard of OZ? Anyway, I looked through my stash first thing (I'm really am trying to use beads I have on hand)and found a pair of square jade carved cabs. Not really them sparkly emerald I wanted, but they were really cool, so I sat them out. The I found some emerald freshwater pearls that matched the color of the cabs quite nicely, so I let go of my sparkly dreams of OZ and decided to go with a more muted matte emerald. Of course, there is a new bead shop in town I just had to stop by and visit (!), and it was there I found some round silver balls with emerald stones set in and I was so happy! I also purchased some silver fire polished rondelles because I love sparkle. And then I waited for April 1st to arrive... This piece beaded up quickly, but was lacking something, so through the stash I went again. I went to my crystals and found the perfect complement bead - swarovski vitral margarettes. Then i dug out some hot pinkish/magenta 15's and finished it up. Of course, the pearl and tatting and lochrosen can be found in this piece also, as I am including them in each month for unity. Thanks for looking. Below you can see the first 4 months all together...