Thursday, April 5, 2012


In case anyone out there is worried about being behind on their Bead Journal Project let me tell you that I have just finished my first one for this year. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't thought I was ready to begin when the new year started! I've changed my mind about the format I would use this year three times since last fall. In the past I wanted each BJP piece to be a stand-alone piece of work. This year I decided to bead on six inch squares of fabric and sew them into one or more little wall quilts.

I cut my background fabric 6.5" square and centered a 4" square of interfacing behind it to support the weight of the beads. Since I will confine my beading to the center of a heart shape within the square I may end up trimming the excess away when it's time to assemble the quilt.

This very first BJP is a sort of replica of a little quilt I made in January to swap with a blogger friend.

You can see the quilt in this post on my blog. As much as I admire solidly beaded pieces that doesn't seem to be what happens when I do bead embroidery, at least not very often.

I have a foundation prepared for my March BJP but have to come up with the right beads to execute the design I have in mind. Still not entirely sure what I'm going to do for February...

Magpie Sue