Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dropping Back In

I had the best of intentions when I joined the BJP for the first time this year.  I was SO excited about developing and maintaining a new level of creativity.  And then BAM!  Work became ridiculously busy, with a new system being launched for our student information management (if any of you out there are affiliated with the largest public university in the largest city on the east coast you will know what I am talking about!).  I have been putting in massive overtime since the beginning of the year and it has finally let up.

I did finish a January piece and realized that the format I chose was probably too ambitious.  I decided to do two-month combo pieces.  So January became January/February.  I have some ideas for March/April and May/June and hope to start working again on them soon.

I read some sad news yesterday in the bead magazines and confirmed on her website:  Melanie Doerman passed away in May.  I never took a class with her, but my sister had and we both loved her designs. She was not quite 51--way too young.  According to her website, http://www.themagpie.com/  there will be a memorial on August 19th (details to follow on the website).

For now, I will end with the words of George Bernard Shaw:

Life isn't about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.

Jean G.