Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June completed

Well, I'm just a few days late posting last month's journal piece. Here it is:


I started from the bottom of the brooch/pendant with dark colors of black and some browns. I completed my six rounds of chemo but wasn't sure if I needed more. All those dark thoughts going through one's head lead to darker colors. I had my scan and then doctor's appt, which was really positive, although I do need some more treatments. Some of the tumors are gone and all the others are smaller; this is a very good thing. I used shades of blue, turquoise mostly, and a charm of "laugh," as laughter is the best medicine! The feather was for whimsy.

The stones I used were: 
Turquoise which alleviates pain, reduces inflammation, and has detoxifying properties
Aquamarine which has a beneficial effect on the thyroid gland
Pearls which promote wisdom and contentment well into old age (which I plan on attaining)
Onyx for inflammation, deflects negative energy, and increases stamina (I'm tired a lot)
Dalmation Jasper can help to purify the blood; it is also a stone of protection from negative thinking

All in all, I'm pleased with the way this one turned out.

Happy 4th of July!!!