Thursday, December 6, 2012

Double Infinity December pie slice in Amethyst

Well, I can't believe I have finally finished the 2012 BJP. I just took the other slices off the wall and put them all in a circle and, I must say - I really like it!! But more on that later... This month's stone, form the Book of Revelation, is AMETHYST, a color and stone most everyone knows. For my beads, I used some vintage Swarovski amethyst connectors and a czech glass bead mix from Bead Treasures which I saw calling me from one of my storage drawers :) There is the pearl at the small end representing the gate, and a few sparkly lochrosen throughout and that tatted edge which can be found in all the pieces. It felt really good to finally put the remainder of that tatted lace away after having in out for an entire year. I wonder if I'll ever use the rest??? The significance of the amethyst can be found in "the constant thought of the heavenly kingdom in humble souls". Hope you like it...
As you may know, in Revelation, there is an interesting reference to 'foundation stones', so called because the book lists these precious stones as decorating the foundations of the walls of the city in the vision of 'that great city, the holy Jerusalem, decending out of the heaven from God.' The foundation stones served as my color inspiration for this years BJP, and now, you can see the 12 slices all together, clockwise from 12 o'clock are: Jasper, Sapphire, Chalcedony, Emerald, Sardonyx, Sardius, Chrysolite, Beryl, Topaz, Chrysoprase, Jacinth, and Amethyst.
I'll see you guys next year....