Sunday, January 29, 2012

Aquarius bead block for January

Well, I finally sat down and designed the blocks for my wall hanging, the whole design can be seen on my blogsite .
I sat and beaded Aquarius as the first month, as I'm running the same as our calendar. But I'm sad to say my first attempt (pic on my blog) turned out thoroughly awful, not enough definition between the object and background, and the beads are just not as descriptive as a pencil and pen. This is the second attempt...


Again, I'm not happy with it at all, but I've not used beads in this way before so I'll have to have another go at designing suitable symbols. I may have to redsign all 12 before the end of next month so I can post my pic on time. So sad it's not working... I didn't want to do them in inks... we shall see.
I used a felt base, delicas, hex, teardrops, squares, bugles and bigger than 6's seed beads.
There's some fantastic work posted already, I've got to find a way to get this to work as well....
Kalona.xx