Monday, January 2, 2012

New to BJP but not to beads!

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!

I am so excited to be a part of the BJP! I have been involved with fiber arts since age 8 and have been a serious beader for 8 years. I discovered bead embroidery when I bought Robin Atkins' first book and have since acquired three more of Robin's books/booklets and have taken classes with Sherry Serafini.

I am still playing with ideas as to the format of my projects this year. Since I am a newbie to BJP, I may keep the format simple. I do want to explore my own sense of design and hope that this journey may help me to resolve some personal issues as well.

One thing I am committed to is working with new color palettes. My favorite color is purple and too many of my projects gravitate toward the same palette. So I am challenging myself to try some fresh combinations during the year to come.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Jean G. aka Jaelle